Let’s take the mystery out of birth and newborns replacing it with confidence and evidence based practice.
In Home- Childbirth Education
- Is the end of your pregnancy sneaking up on you and you’re afraid your baby will be born before you can complete a 6 weekly class?
- Are you and your partner finding it challenging to come up with a night that works for a weekly class?
- Is your partner apprehensive about participating in a group class because …..(filll in the blank!)?
- Do you have a ton of questions and would like personal attention rather then being part of a big group?
- Already have a child and looking for a refresher?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then this is the right class for you. Formerly known as "Flourish in Seattle", this class content and teacher remain the same- Jen Laird.
How does it work?
- We'll figure out a date and time that works best for both our schedules. Sometimes that means breaking it up into 2 different times but usually we plan for a "1 and done".
- Jen will come to your home. We'll sit around a table or most often in your living room, wherever feels most comfortable. She'll bring her laptop with a presentation which will give you a visual guide (and to help those who are visual learners connect with the information). She also brings a pelvic model, doll, and other aids - it all about helping you both visualize and hear the information.
- The class is interactive- please ask questions as we go along.
- We typically cover the information in 4-5 hours.
- And you'll receive a digital copy of additional resources Jen recommends as well as a book with reminders and pictures of some of the topics we cover in class
- We’ll cover the mechanics of birth as well as the less tangible, emotional aspects of this time
- Caters to a variety of learning styles
- Balancing evidence based practice and holistic approaches
This class will equip you to approach your last days of pregnancy, birth, and the precious newborn period with the skills and confidence you need
- Anatomy and physiology of labor and birth – Knowledge helps eliminate fear and instills confidence
- Comfort measures – What works for you?
- The 3 R’s – Rhythm, Ritual, Rest. Reducing labor pain
- Am I in labor? Stages of labor and comfort measures.
- Birth options, birth plans, and preparing for the unexpected in labor
- The Fear Cycle– learning to trust your body and understanding the birth process
- Newborn traits and breastfeeding – what to expect postpartum, the transition to parenthood.
$380 for a one day cost - additional gas fee of $25 may apply if you live outside the Seattle metro area
$200 "refresher" class ideal for families who have a child already
Payment is made in the form of cash or check when Jen comes to your home
To Sign up - Please fill out the following information and we'll work on finding a time that works for both our schedules.